IB Versus A-Level!
Published Saturday, February 23, 2008 by uraniumwise inSalam. After doing research after research, let us see what I've got.
International Baccalaureate.
*It is the same as A-Level in terms of pre-university program, according to some source.
*The duration of study is two years.
*It is easier than A-Level, according to our seniors. Probably their curricular is not as detailed as A-Level.
*For the IB Diploma programme, the students have to take six (6) subjects.
*Three of the subjects are taken at higher level, ie, 240 teaching hours.
*The rest is taken at standard level, ie, 180 hours.
*Instead of using A,B,C,... as a grading system, IB uses points;1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7. *7 is the highest grade.
*Apart from written exam, to obtain an IB Diploma, students must complete an Extended Essay, CAS and Theory of Knowledge course.
*CAS is the short form of Creative, Action and Service (if I'm not mistaken) and this is the main difference (in my opinion) between IB and A-Level.
*Students have to complete 180 hours of community service work,artistic pursuits or other character-building activities in order to pass CAS.
*Extended Essay (this is what I understand from the website) is a task for the student to write 4000-word essay on a topic of individual interest, related to an independent research.
*In Malaysia, there are 6 schools offering the IB Diploma programme; Kolej MARA Banting, Kolej MARA Seremban, KDU Smart School Sdn. Bhd.(private), International School of Kuala Lumpur(private), The International School of Penang (private) and Mon't Kiara International School(private).
*The medium of teaching in Malaysia is English.
*Example of subjects include : Malay A1, Arabic Ab. SL, Biology HL, Bus.& Man. SL, Chemistry HL, Economics HL, Economics SL, English B HL, English B SL, Information Technology in Global Society SL, Malay A1 SL, Mathematics HL, Physics HL, Physics SL and Theory Knowl. TK. (HL-Higher Level and SL-Standard Level)
*If I'm not mistaken, only MARA and Private sectors (Petronas etc..) sponsor IB Diploma Program.
source: http://www.ibo.org/diploma/
Okay, those are the 'official' infos.
Let's see the 'more juicy' part.
Haha, actually I have a cousin studying in Kolej MARA Seremban and she is my main source of info. My other source, is Brother Norshah. I love to read his blog especially his entries about his life in Kolej MARA Banting. Very very funny I tell you! Do check out his blog. I have his link somewhere on the right... Oh yeah, I found out that Brother Khairul Shahir is studying in KDU Smart School undertaking the IB Diploma. You can find the link to his blog in Brother Norshah's link.
FYI, I don't have any specific infos about A-Level yet. The only thing that I know is, their syllabi are more detailed than of the IB. A-Level does not require you to complete CAS, Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay. And A-Level is more recognised by Universities, although IB Diploma is gaining popularity worldwide and is getting more recognition year by year.
I personally advice you to take IB because it sounds fun and exciting!
Do make the right choice!
Daily obligation
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(155)
-
▼
February
(22)
- Products of condensation....
- Urayville Revealed *Part Three*
- Nice!
- Urayville Revealed. *Part Two*
- Tag, You're it! *Part three*
- Let's loosen up a bit!
- How to become a Doctor?
- Calling all Future Lawyers!
- I'm A Love Story Lover, So What?
- Attention Future Doctors!
- IB Versus A-Level!
- Goodbye High School, Hello Universities!
- Ilalliqa' InsyaAllah.
- She loves the Taiping Zoo, I love my Dataran Lang
- What A Girl Wants
- Style is what we've got!
- Memoirs of a Maresmawian
- Ku tak sangka
- Have a break, have a KitKat!
- Tag, You're it! *Part Two*
- The Call
- January that was
-
▼
February
(22)
My Blog List
-
Protected: fatal4 months ago
-
-
6 bulan kemudian...9 years ago
-
Aku Akhwat Bukan Malaikat10 years ago
-
Harga Samsung Galaxy Ace Style11 years ago
-
-
hehe15 years ago
-
How's your heart?15 years ago
-
Unforgettable Ramadhan16 years ago
-
so adorable..17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment