Book Review- The Client


Salam to all.

The Client on Wikipedia

I first got my hands on this book when I was in Form Two. I tried to read it, but I couldn't survive the first two chapters because the vocab was too high for me at that time. But I forced myself to read it.

Yup, force. And then, at the part where there's lots of dialogue, I realised that I can understand the story, got hooked and I read it till the end. So much for an intro, haha.

Anyway, back to the review. If you wanna know the synopsis, please click on the link. I can tell you my version of the synopsis, but I think it'll gonna be very, very long.. haha.

Plot- 4 out of 5.The plot's somethin' like the blue graph. It started slow but gained momentum as the story proceeds. The climax was somewhere nearing the end and like the graph, the story ended in an abrupt way. I like the ending but I would prefer if it's a bit longer. It could have made me cry~


Suspense -4 out of 5. Favourite suspense scenes: Mark in the car, the switchblade, the escape, the hunt for the body.

Language - 3.5 out of 5. Quite a number of techincal law terms. Overall language : Somewhat managable without a dictionary. Guessing the meaning of unfamiliar words is fine but cross-reference with dicts is encouraged.

Message - 4.5 out of 5. Be smart, strong and street-wise like Mark. Be smart and firm like Reggie. Be open like Judge Roosevelt.

Romance - 0 out of 5. Seriously. No romantic scene at ALL.

Overall score: 4 out of 5.

Recommended to all! You will definetly love Mark and Reggie!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daily obligation