The third visit.

Salam to all.

That's the third time I set foot on Monash Sunway's ground. I've always liked that place, modern, neat and yeah, 'grand' -as Helma put it-.

So yeah, the interview.

Panel 2, 2.30 pm, 2 interviewers, both Malaysians, one lady, one man. Nice.

They asked me something like these (not in chronological order):

Part 1. (I didn't include my answers to some of the questions because I kinda forget what I said~ and because of 'kurang rajin' too. Not 'malas' okay? Just 'kurang rajin'.)

Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to become a doctor?

Tell me about your co-curricular activities while you're in 2ndary school and taylors.
I participated in Young Entepreneur Club when I was in MRSM Langkawi.. We organised a lot of projects.. I learnt a lot from my involvement.. I have to work with local authorities, work with my teammates..

Do you get yourself involved in sports?
I started to join taekwondo since I'm in Taylors... I practiced hard.. got medal.. I also enjoyed archery.. I played with my friends at Sunway~

What are the qualities that doctors should have?
To me, a doctor needs to be objective. He or she should focus on the patient

Do you think you have that quality?
(dengan perasannya) Yeah, I believe I have those qualities..

Do you face any difficulty when moving from 2ndary school to college?
How do you cope with that?
Do you have a different strategy?

I'm going to ask a question about religion, are you okay with that?
Yeah sure.

Alright, are you comfortable when performing physical examination on the opposite gender?
Yes, Islam does put a limit that as a lady I cannot simply touch a person of the opposite gender. But I believe, as a doctor with knowledge to cure a person, that would be an exception, no matter what gender that person is...

What are the difficulties that doctors face on a day-to-day basis?
Doctors are always busy. How are you going to cope with that?

What qualities must a leader have?
A leader must listen to his teammates. He must be able to make his teammates work together harmoniously.. ...

What makes a good teammate?
What does your interest in business got to do with becoming a doctor?

Part 2.
The text given was about depression..

Summarise for me the text you've read.

Do you really think it's depression? <-- at this point I was like, oh oh. Is it really?
Yeah, from what I've read... I think the symptoms are that of depression..~

Does depression only affects adults?

Part 3.
The stimulus given was about Exothermic and Endothermic reaction.

Okay, explain to me about this.

(Although I'm glad to get that topic but at that time, my brain was like not functioning well. I keep repeating my answer like what la!)

Overall opinion:

  1. I keep repeating my answer. Hish!
  2. I didn't mention about any of my volunteering things. Did I lose points over there? Nevermind lah. Forget it.
  3. I think I talk rubbish too much. Haih~
  4. I didn't quite look into the interviewers eyes~

Next time, be more prepared!

p/s: Thanks for the birthday wishes ya! I really appreciate all of them! =)


2 comments:

  1. kay

    wow..most of the questions were asked to me too...
    sounds like u hv done a very good job..
    if i were the panel, no hesitate, i will pick you...
    no worries..u will be fine..

     
  2. uraniumwise

    Good job?
    Haih.. I'm soooooo seriously keep repeating the same thing.

    Like what la!

    And actually, i think the interviewers are really sticking to the question scheme or something because they keep nodding their heads like they wanna me to finish faster..

    Hiah.. Is it Goodbye Monash?

    Thanks for the encouragement!
    I hope to do better next time!

    =)

     

Post a Comment

Daily obligation