Published Sunday, August 2, 2009 by
uraniumwise
in
Salam to all.
First things first. The word 'hug' used in this post and all the other posts in this blog refers to 'the type of hug that is within the limits of Islamic laws'. That means no inter-gender hugs between two people who are not related by blood, marriage or 'susuan', okay?
How many times do you hug people in a day?
0?
Okay, so how many times do you hug people in a week?
Still 0?
Hmmm.. If that's the case, you're missing something that makes life, 'life'.
And I would say that I'm currently missing something in my life too. It's nearing a month since I last hug my mom and dad and I couldn't recall when's the last time I hug a person.
I like to see two friends (usually guys will do this) shake hands and then give each other a 'ukhuwwah hug' when they meet. And when a person scores a goal in a game or something and the whole team members will do the 'group hug'.. And when people give 'goodbye hugs' in airports or bus stations.. It's just a simple gesture right?
To me, a simple thing like this really means a lot and I am 100% confident that sometimes, a hug can be a better gift compared to expensive items. Do you agree?
Have you ever felt like giving up on something and you went to a friend to tell him/her your problems? You don't expect her to solve all your problems, do you? But why do you go to her in the first place? And what do you feel after that little chit chat and a really big 'Barney' hug? *Hoho, 'Barney's I Love You' song is playing in my head right now~*
Since my mom and dad are far far away, I bought Romeo, a big brown teddy bear that is nearly as err.. big as my dad (sorry daddy, but it's the truth~) so that I can still get the 'life' of life.
And here's a video about 'Free Hugs Campaign'. It's a good thing (as long as women hug women and men hug men) because as we grow up, we tend to forget how to appreciate others and even ourselves.
0 comments:
Post a Comment