It's never too late.
Published Saturday, March 21, 2009 by uraniumwise inSalam to all.
I saw Daughtry's What About Now videoclip and halfway through, I cried. Again. I cried thinking how fortunate I am to be me. I cried thinking how ungrateful and demanding I've been all these while. I cried thinking about how some people willing to go to great length to lend a hand to others who are total strangers to them. How some people would fight against ignorance, poverty and epidemics.
My heart was really touched when I saw a guy in the videoclip giving out books to the children. I want to do the same. I want to be the end of ignorance.
But then, I must not be an ignorant myself. There's a lot of things out there that I know I don't know, I don't bother to know, and I don't know that I don't know.
I went to a dialogue recently. Professor Horvitz, a nobel prize winner in 2002 (Physiology or Medicine), presented his research on Apoptosis or programmed cell death. The idea is that, once we know the mechanism of cell death, we can put a stop to cancer. The dialogue was very enlightening. But it wasn't the research that thrilled me.
Professor Horvitz said that, ' I did my degree in Mathematics and Economics, and my Masters in Mathematics. But I thought that I might not give much of a contribution in those fields, so I registered for 'Introduction to Biology' course. I asked my Professor and said, 'Is it too late for me to start?' And he said, ' I did my Masters in Physics and my PhD in Physics. You're not late. You're early.'
And I was like 'WOW!' with a perfect circle on my lips.
The number one lesson I got from that dialogue is : It's NEVER EVER EVER too late for you to learn something. And that brings me to this (a quote from my english teacher, Mr. Chong Chin Foong):
'It's never too late or too early to learn something new' (Chong, n.d).
Daily obligation
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(153)
-
▼
March
(15)
- Monday's blurb.
- Happiness is also a test.
- Love. Not the memory I want to keep.
- Betulke aku ni bosan?
- It's never too late.
- Adventure.
- One down, three to go. Yeah baby!
- My happy Friday the Thirteenth.
- Coordination, Skill, Patience.
- Way to go!
- I can't believe that I'm saying this...
- Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Dangerous driver.
- SED 2009.
- Why not take a crazee chance..
-
▼
March
(15)
My Blog List
-
Protected: fatal6 months ago
-
-
6 bulan kemudian...10 years ago
-
Aku Akhwat Bukan Malaikat10 years ago
-
Harga Samsung Galaxy Ace Style11 years ago
-
-
hehe15 years ago
-
How's your heart?15 years ago
-
Unforgettable Ramadhan17 years ago
-
so adorable..17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment