~The Once-In-A-Lifetime Holiday~

What is in your mind when you first read the title? Hmmm... Let me guess... You probably had thought it will be a recount of my family vacation... Or maybe a school trip to Langkawi... [haha..very funny..] Or it could be emmm... A dream holiday to New Zealand??

No! Huhuhu..

The once-in-a-lifetime holiday that I am referring to is NOW,NOW and NOW. Yeap, it started since 3.30 p.m. on the 26th of November 2007, right after Biology Paper Three of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia and only God knows when it will end.

Why am I calling it 'The Holiday'? Well, simply put, I don't think I will have another holiday this long. Let me see, since 'The Great Escape' on that particular Monday, it has been 58 days of freedom. Until when and for how long?? I don't know... Do you??

Maybe it will end sometime in June perhaps, when I will insyaAllah start my Pre-U programme? I hope so.. And then, it'll be another two years of studying, studying and studying...

After that, [if I study hard enough, with excellent results in my hands..], InsyaAllah I will pursue
a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. And that means only one thing... Another six crazy years of non-stop studying..

Later, comes the Internship. That will cost me my precious two years [minimum].. By then, I will be... urm.. let me count for a sec...

Now: 17 years old
Pre-U : 2 years
U: 6 years
Internship: 2 years
Working with government: Depends on current government policy...

Okay, if we didn't include the service for the government, [I'm clicking my mental calculator right now..] I will be a minimum of 27 years old by the time I have the qualification to practice doctoring...

And by then, with a 'Dr.' in front of my name, [ I pray and will try really hard so that this will come true..], will I be able to take loooong break from work? Of course not! In fact, to get a leave on Hari Raya is a one in a million chance... [Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still, ask any doctor out there and they will tell you how difficult it is to get a holiday..]

So, back to the main point, what I'm trying to say is that, this nearly-six-month-break would be the last long holiday that I can imagine. You wouldn't want to count the university semester break as a holiday, would you? I mean, it's just for a few weeks... Plus the assignments and projects and stuffs... Do you really think we will have the time to enjoy life??

I'm not sure what you might think, but I can see that I'm being a pessimist right now... [taking a deep breath... exhaling....]

Okay,okay, be positive! Maybe I am right about not having the time we have now later in our life, but that shouldn't be the reason for us not to live life to the fullest. Every second that God give us is a present, to be cherished and filled with love and devotion to Him, and to be shared with everyone around us...

We have the power to choose how to spend our time, and it's up to us to determine our Quality of Life...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daily obligation