The Third Ride.

Salam to all.

I'm suppose to wake up this morning lying on the upper bed of the double decker bed of the middle room of A-9-10, CASA Subang, USJ 1, Subang Jaya, Selangor. (I can't remember the postcode)

Yes, that was the initial plan.

But now, I am back in Penang. Yeayyyy!

Although the registration and the apartment check-in was yesterday, orientation for SAM Students shall begin on the 14th. So, instead of lepak-ing in my cramped-but-kinda-cosy apartment, I decided to return home. Actually, I don't mind spending my whole week doing nothing there (nothing to do because the Wifi isn't activated yet). The reason I'm going home is to escort my mom to the airport today. She'll be leaving for The US..

TUC (Taylor's University College) looked very welcoming indeed. I really love the tall trees here and there (well, not that much really but still enough to create the cool ambience at some spots) and the connecting buildings reminded me of my old school, Almashoor. Not much time was available for me to explore the whole place yet, but that shouldn't be a problem. I have the remaining days of 2008 and the whole of 2009 to do so.. =)

The MPH (Multi Purpose Hall) was where the whole lecturing took place. Some of the points that still managed to cling to my memory was 'You must get TER 85 and above to fly'.. and 'No, don't jump right into the swimming pool when you arrive there at the CASA Subang.. Go get the Access Card first' and 'These numbers are not for you to kacau-kacau the seniors aaahh??'

At about 1.30 p.m, we (my dad, my mom and me) decided to go to the Casa on our own, instead of utilising the bus service provided. I was feeling nervous and excited. Nervous of thinking things like 'Who will be my roomate(s)??', 'Will I get a nice comfy room with windows not directly facing the sun?' and excited of the whole new things I'll experience..

The bus obviously didn't arrive yet because the queue to board the lift was not that long. There were 4 lifts altogether but because of there are 28 floors (25 apartment floors and 3 of parking) they took a quite some time to reach the Ground floor.

Ting! 9th floor. My dad with my big black luggage, my mom with my red file and me with my purple pail headed towards the tenth unit which is on the right side. A helpful young lady waiting at the counter provided me with my Access Card.

Now for the unit. Like I told you before, the place was cosy but somehow cramped. Well, I'm still grateful all in all because:

  1. Kina (my Add Maths mentor back in Langkawi) is my roommate. Thank God! At least, I've known her before..
  2. I got the upper bed. Yeayyyy!
  3. Yes! The window in my room is NOT facing the sun! (It's not like I hate the sun so much, but I just don't like the heat and the ray..)
  4. My study table is facing the window (although there's not much thing to see.. It's facing the corridor..)!
  5. Most of the Langkawian girls are on the ninth floor too!
  6. We got Astro (basic package only I guess, but still, at least I can watch CSI and House and of course, Dr. Carter in action!) Yippie!!!!!
  7. Wifi will be available starting from next week I guess. What more can a student ask??
  8. There are more than one restaurant located inside the Casa. Which means, I don't have to eat at the same place every night.
  9. There is an In-house warden. I felt a bit relaxed. (and joy of course, because the warden will not be monitoring us like wardens do in Langkawi, hehe!)
  10. There will be 5 o'clock and 6 o'clock buses taking us from TUC to Casa. So, I can still lepak at TUC after class! Oh yeah, 9.15 pm bus also got one! <--manglish.

At about 2.30 p.m the queue at the lifts was beyond bearable (at least for me, because I tend to 'kurang sabar' and 'cepat rasa bosan' especially during a hot afternoon). I couldn't imagine how Aunt Shima (aunt), Mimi(lil sis), Sasha(cousin), Naim(lil bro) and Kak Nana(cousin) willing to climb nearly 12 floors (from G to P1, P2, P3, 1,2,3.... 9) to reach my unit, just so to skip the looooooooooong queue. Ayah Mie joined us later after his tiring climb too. I was really touched!

So, that was it. I'm looking forward to learn new stuff and do new things!

Thanks mom, for all the things you bought me, for the time you spent to get the requirements done, for all your experience you told me, for all the love and care you showered me with and of course, for all your unending prayers.. I love you mom, even though my actions sometimes portray otherwise..

Thanks dad, for all the things you bought me, for your worries about my safety, for your concern about my health, for driving me here and there, and of course, for trusting me. I love you dad, even though I sometimes do things I shouldn't..

A long journey awaits me. And I can't wait to board my third ride.


2 comments:

  1. Naddy

    Yeahh!!! We LOVE TUC so much kannn?? And Casa Subang too!! great places to be.. :)

     
  2. Anonymous

    haha.. *in love with TUC*

    love at the first sight.

    can't wait this coming thursday coz i'll be back to casa for good!

    haha..

    see u there!

    btw, i live at 6th floor. hihihi...

     

Post a Comment

Daily obligation