Somewhere I belong..

Salam to all.

Infineight Rocks Maresmawian Camp 2008. <--hebat tak nama ni?

13 June 2008.

0743- My dad drove me to Swettenham Pier. <--rasa macam lain ja ejaan dia.. hmm..

0821- Arrived at the pier. Boarded the 0830 ferry to Langkawi. ALONE, I repeat, ALONE! No parents, family or friends whatsoever. (Berani giler.. haha! Selama ni pernah jugak jadi the only Maresmawian girl yang naik flight ataupun ferry Langkawi-Penang, tapi waktu tu Maresmawian guys ada jugak dua tiga orang.. Ni kira first time la naik kenderaan awam long-distance sorang-sorang.. )

1132- Arrived at Kuah Jetty. Bought some stuff, took a cab to MJSC Langkawi. (Daddy pesan naik 'registered taxi' yang warna merah tu.. jangan naik 'unregistered taxi' ataupun dikenali sebagai 'teksi sapu'...) Cost: RM 10.00 (kira agak mahal la jugak, tapi no comment la sebab rasa lebih selamat naik teksi merah.. lagi comfy pulak tu! Haha!)

Entrance gate to MJSC Langkawi. Picture taken during my last official check-in as student of MJSC Langkawi.

1148- Arrived at MJSC Langkawi. Greeted by a bunch of Form 5s (Oh God, I can't believe I forgot their names! -.-)

1153- Checked-in at TL 04 or Tanjung Lembung room number 4. (My cousin's room at the ladies' hostel. At that time, the F5's were having Usrah.) Although accomodation is provided by the Maktab (Apartment Koop Blok Berlian 5A), I prefer to stay at the student's hostel. Why?

  1. I want to meet my cousin, Wahida and her nice roomates, Ishmah, Uuya and Cik Bi.
  2. It's nearer to the DS (Dewan Selera) and Surau Raudhatul Muttaqien. (Bilik Wahida aras 1.. )
  3. I don't have to climb the stairs to reach the koop's apartment which is at the fifth floor. No guys, no elevators whatsoever...
  4. I want to experience life as a Maresmawian again!

1214- Attended the F5's Usrah at DK (Dewan Kuliah). It turned out that it was a tayangan. The movie was 'Ayat-ayat Cinta' or 'Verses of Love'. Really, Really, REALLY sweet!!! The hero wasn't that handsome but his face shows sincererity and somehow reminded me of Irfan (Chief BADAR 07-08). The movie started at 10 a.m so that means I missed the first 3/4 of the story. However, the last quarter is already enough for me to get the 'feel'. The scene that really touched me was when Aishah, the first wife of Fahri (the hero) willing to let her husband marry Maria, just so that the latter could recover from her coma. Another scene is when Maria was hospitalised. She told Fahri that she wanted to perform solat in congregation together with Aishah.. (I think I cried at this part.. T.T You'll know why once you watch it. Trust me, you'll have tears in your eyes too..) Oh yeah, sometime between the two scenes, Maria said 'Sekarang aku bisa tahu bedanya keinginan untuk memiliki dengan cinta..' (Hey, I told you I love love stories right?)

1406- Went to Raudhatul Muttaqien hoping to solat jemaah. It turned out that the F1 and the F2's Usrah at the guy's section of the surau hasn't finished yet. Ishmah asked me to lead the Zohor prayers..

1503- Slept at TL 04. (Kononnya waktu tu nak ulangkaji Bio F5, tapi 'ter'Lelap pulak~ haihhhh~)

1712- A F5 guy gave a tazkirah after the Asar prayer. What I remembered was his comparison of the Solat Jemaah with a bunch of bananas. According to him, his ustaz said that solat jemaah is like selling a bunch of bananas. Even if there is a small-sized banana somewhere in the bunch, it can still be sold as part of the fruitful bunch. If let say the same small-sized banana is to be sold individually, using our logical mind (ehem,ehem), I say it will be harder to sell. And the same goes for our solat. You get what I'm saying?

1740- Walked around the school. Stopped at the piece of land next to Pengetua's house to enjoy the view..

1910- Dinner with Wahida. The dish was ikan bawal goreng (mid-sized) with veggies. I queued at the counter, just like a normal Maresmawian. I hesitated to go get the food allocated for us facilitators (at the Warden's section) as there was nobody there! I hope the students don't mind though! Sorry you guys!

1925- Solat Maghrib was led by Ustaz Wan. Irfan led the pre-solat zikir. The 'Hasbi rabbi' zikir reminded me of Hussein (Cheif BADAR 06-07) and the old times... Only God knows how much I missed the Magrib at Raudhatul Muttaqien. I am so sad thinking about leaving all this. I don't know if they have this kind of thing at my soon-to-be place. I doubt it, honestly. T.T (What made me felt even worse is the fact that a friend of mine won't be there with me, T.T!!!)

Ustaz Wan and Cikgu Apandi. Picture taken during Sambutan Raya 2007.


2015- Ustaz Wan (in orange shirt) was just about to start his tazkirah when I got a message form Kay Ay saying there'll be a meeting at 8.15 pm at the Warden's room. God, like what la weyhhhhhhhh! I'm in the middle of something I really, really love! If you know Ustaz Wan you will never want to leave his tazkirah session. So full of information (but to be honest, nearly 30% of the time consists of jokes and stories) His Perak accent kinda contributed to the fun part of the tazkirah. Anyway, at first I replied to Kay Ay saying that I shall go right after Isya. Seconds later, he mentioned that Sir Hilmi will be chairing the meeting. Oh God! Do I have a choice?

Teacher Anees, Teacher Diana, Sir Hilmi and Teacher Maslynda. Picture taken during Infineight's Annual Dinner 2007.


2023- Meeting at Warden's room. Present was (clockwise) : Sir Hilmi, Sarah Aina, Iman, Farahtul, Sakinah, Marni, Fathul Islam, me, Halim, Amin Rox, Kay Ay, Fitri, Niro, Faris and Bro Altaf. Sir Hilmi chaired the meeting at first. The moment he walked out of the Warden's room, the atmosphere turned 'wild'. Definition of 'wild' = the 'real' meeting started. (Kebanyakan ahli mesyuarat lebih selesa mengeluarkan pandangan dan idea- idea tanpa pengawasan guru. If you're a Maresmawian, you'll surely understand why...). The whole team agreed to split into three small groups. I was in the 'F1 Group' together with Kay Ay (Group leader), Iman, Fitri, Hasif and Amin. Meeting conclusion:

  1. There will be three slots. (9.15-10.30, 11.00-12.30 and 2.30-4.30)
  2. The 'official' focus for the 'F1 Group' is : Get to know the F1s. Use past experience to guide them on ways to maximise time. (Macam hebat jer bunyinya.. hahaha!)

2051- Meeting at the Warden's room adjourned. However, 'F1 Group' gathered at class 514 (now known as 102 if I'm not mistaken). At the end of the meeting, it was concluded that:

  1. The 'unofficial' focus : Main, main dan main dengan tujuan untuk membina ukhuwwah yang mantap antara junior dan senior.. (Ni baru nampak realistik sket..)
  2. Activities for the first slot: Intro, time management game, and class discussions.
  3. 2nd Slot: IQ test, crazy story game and charade.
  4. 3rd Slot: Mystery game. To be played along with the F2s.
Pak Syed (Syed Zuhair), Ustaz Romli and newly-wed Cikgu Faizal. Picture taken during Sambutan Raya 2006. Source: Friendster.com


2128- Night walk with Iman. As we walked past the Bilik Guru, we noticed that there was someone inside. It was Pak Syed! We took the opportunity to hear his opinion about the current condition of the maktab, the teachers' whereabouts, stories about our seniors, and of course Euro 2008... Pak Syed is really special. I've never seen a teacher so dedicated in teaching Physical Education, guided us step-by-step to know Basketball techniques, recorded NBA games and later showed it to us, analysed the moves made by the players, provided us with the history behind the game, played with us in the evenings, went through the hassle of analysing our Basketball practical exam results, and mind you, those were what he did when we were Form 4. Not to mention the time when we have to memorise all those vitamins and minerals, major bones and major muscles... hohoho! I am totally grateful knowing that he will continue to teach us tennis in Form 5... And before SPM: he came to the Ladies' hostel at 1.00 am, shouted 'Oiii Tanjung Kembung, tutup lampu.. tido! Kamu dah belajar dua tahun tu cukup dahh.. Haaaaa! Apa lagi gelak-gelak tu hahhh?? Tidooooo!!!' ponnnn, ponnnn (bunyi hon motor Pak Syed) or twitttttttttt, twittttttttt (bunyi wisel Pak Syed). He invited Iman and I to his house, but I declined because it's getting late.. (note that light's off is at 11.30 p.m.)



14 June 2008.


0640- Solat subuh berjemaah led by a F2 student. A FORM TWO student! Where are the FORM FIVE students?????

0759- Walked around the school with Wahida.. She filled me with the stories by Ustaz Wan..

0828- At the Dataran Hijau. The F1 girls looked really excited. They were the earliest to arrive. The guys.. well, let's just say they didn't change one bit..

0856- The F1s headed to the Dataran TAC. Each of us introduced ourselves, although I doubt they understand the part about our different Pre-U courses.. haha!

0901- First game launched. Idea by Iman Bt. Abd. Halim. Each class were divided into three groups. Each group were required to rearrange a list of tasks. Quite challenging I must say.. But they did well! After representatives of selected groups presented their findings, the groups returned to their respective classes. Each facilitators took charge of a class and conducted a 'heart-to-heart' talk. I took 104 or 1 Uranium.(for obvious reasons.. haha!) Nothing serious were discussed to be honest, just tales from the memory keeper..

1135- Second game started. Idea by Amin Rukaini. Members of each class were to discuss on what would be a suitable price tag for body parts (imagine the human body cut into three pieces): The head including the neck, the abdomen and the legs. The total value should not exceed RM 1Mil. One class came up with the idea of: The head= RM 333,333.34. The abdomen : RM 333,333.35 The legs: RM 333,333.31. Creative giler! Anyway, I can't help but to think 'oh God! How much does these kids know about zuriat and all those stuff'. I mean, during presentation, a kid (sorry you F1s, korang still boleh dipanggil kid, hahaha!) mentioned these things and (of course) everybody laughed! What happened to kids these days?? As far as I remembered, they won't be learning that stuff until form three... Hurmmmmm..

Madam Shad, the one with the olive-green tudung. She is a very sweet and gentle teacher indeed! And soooo caring!

1255- Lunch with Marni, Sarah Aina and Arina at the Warden's section. Sir Hilmi asked us about how the program went so far. Everything's fine, I mean the F1s were cooperative.. Then Sir Hilmi mentioned about some of the students who skipped. I was like, sampai hati diorang buat macamtu?? Ingat senang ke orang nak datang sini? Haaaaaa? Sarah Aina was rather cool and said something like, okay, diorang nak datang ke tak nak datang ke, diorang punya pasallah.. why bother? Yeah, she got a point~ Why bother thinking about the ones yang tak ikhlas nak belajar??

1430- Third slot! The mystery games! Idea by Abdul Halim Hafizuddin. First game was the 'berdiri-atas-selotape-tanpa-jatuh' game. It was hilarious, I tell you! As usual, it was the 'battle of the sexes'. Form 1&2 girls combined to fight the guys! I couldn't help but to laugh 'oh-so-loudly' at the guy's team. Why? Sebab ada dua orang budak F1 yang agak kurang tinggi dalam kalangan budak-budak lain yang agak tinggi.. Sangat comel giler! Anyway, guess which team won? (FYI, it was just a narrow win, allright??) After the first game, Halim conducted the second one. Even the facilitators don't know what kind of game it was suppose to be.. So, here it goes.. Each person MUST have some cash with them ~Halim made that a compulsory.. Then, each person was given an envelope (containing a tissue). Later, we were told to find a partner. After that, we exchanged shoes with our partners and using the tissue we got from the envelope, we were ordered to polish the shoes.. At that time, there were groans and 'haaaaah??' from the students. Good thing they still follow Halim's order.. And when that task is completed, he wanted us to reward our friend by putting some cash into the envelope, seal it and give it to our partner together with his/her shoes. The amount should be a secret, he added and he warned us not to open the envelope yet. He then asked for our permission. And all of us wondered, 'Kenapa nak minta izin??' Then he revealed the real objective of the game. He wanted to ask permission to collect those envelopes back and use that money for charity LillahiTaala. At that time I was so touched. As I collected the white envelopes from the F1s and the F2s, I felt so terharu by their eagerness to hand them in to me... Later, Marni, Iman and I counted the money. Halfway through the job, I had to stop. It was nearly 4.30p.m! I have to perform the Asar prayers (scheduled at 4.50p.m ++) and my ferry to Penang is at 5.15p.m! I said goodbye to Iman and Marni and rushed to TL 04...

1632- I ran from TL04 towards the Bilik Guru (with Wahida and Ishmah carrying my bag...), hoping to find Sir Hilmi and said goodbye. But God, it was locked! I called him and he said he is in the Warden's Room. I quickly headed that way.. Sir Hilmi was there with Altaf and Syafiq Hanif. I told him that I have to go now, and he told me how much he appreciated my commitment. (I felt bad somehow because seriously, I don't think I helped much). It was a quick goodbye, really! I then ran towards the guard post, after Wahida and Ishmah told me that the taxi was waiting.. They were very nice to have put my bag into the taxi for me. A quick hug and salam by both of them ended my visit to my beloved alma mater.. Again, and as always, it was a rush~ T.T

1654- Arrived at Kuah Jetty. Paid the taxi driver a red RM 10.00 note, thanked him and walked very quickly towards the surau. Performed solat Qasar Asar. Walked very quickly to the Penang gate. Got a seat next to the window and suddenly, I couldn't hold my tears back much longer....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daily obligation